How To Clean A Leather Wallet
Leather wallets are notorious for keeping their look for very long periods of time.
However, it can easily occur that you accidentally stain your wallet somehow, and need to clean it to preserve its great look.
In this blog post we’ll guide you through the process of cleaning your leather wallet, nice and simple.
How to clean leather wallet stains in 7 easy steps
Cleaning a leather wallet thoroughly is not as hard as you might think, but it can take some time depending on which type of stain your wallet has.
Overall you should be able to get rid of most stains following these easy steps:
- Remove everything from your wallet, including credit cards, cash, photos, receipts and anything else that isn’t a stuck part of your wallet.
- If the stain just occurred, use a dry paper towel to remove the worst part of the stain before continuing.
- Wash your wallet in your hand in a sink or bowl of water, NEVER wash it in the washing machine as it can severely damage your wallet.
- Use a mix of warm water and soap, i’d recommend using unscented soap as it won’t leave a lasting smell to your wallet afterwards.
- Use a soft cloth to clean off any stains on your wallet, it may require a lot of elbow grease to get some types of stains completely off.
- After you think you’re done removing the stains, rinse off your wallet in lukewarm water, make sure there's no residue from the soap present before continuing.
- Dry your wallet by leaving it open in a dry area with minimal sunlight.
Once your wallet has dried, any stains should be removed and you can continue using your wallet as usual.
Thanks for the support - Illums Bolighus
Thanks to Illums Bolighus for the support towards this blog post. In their stores or webshop you can find products for your entire home, such as Kähler Unico and much more.